The County of Mariposa invites sealed bids for construction of gateway improvements located on SR 140 at the upper and lower junctions of SR 49 in the Town of Mariposa.
The work to be done consists, in general of: Irrigation, Planting, Steel Monument Signs and Foundations.
A valid Class "A" or combination of "C"s is required for this project.
Advertisement of the project begins on December 15th, 2023. Bids will be received at the Public Works Department, 4639 Ben Hur Road, Mariposa, California, 95338 on or before 2:00 P.M. local time on Wednesday January 3rd, 2024.
Plans and Specifications are available by email by contacting Claudia Gonzales at .
Bid security in the amount of ten (10) percent of the amount of the bid, and in the form of a bid bond issued by an admitted surety insurer licensed by the California Department of Insurance, cash, cashier's check or certified check shall accompany the bid.
Any changes to, or clarification of, the project plans and specifications shall be in the form of a written addendum issued to planholders of record.
There is no pre-bid meeting.
This project is subject to compliance monitoring and enforcement by the Department of Industrial Relations. No contractor or subcontractor may be listed on a bid proposal for a public works project unless registered with the Department of Industrial Relations pursuant to Labor Code section 1725.5 [with limited exceptions from this requirement for bid purposes only under Labor Code section 1771.1(a)].
Technical questions should be directed to:
Department of Public Works
4639 Ben Hur Road
Attention: Matt Hespenheide
- Deletion of all Concrete Flatwork and Lighting. Work includes the Irrigation, Planting, Steel Monument Signs and Foundations only.
- Deletion of irrigation line casing across 140/49 intersection. The casing is a portion of a separate project.
- Civil & Electrical Plan Sheets removed. Sheet count reduced from 34 to 20 pages.
- Monument foundations for bidding purposed only. A modified foundation with a simplified rectangular cross section will be provided.
- Steel panels modified to be all 12 ft. high.