- Sheriff's Office
- Animal Control
- Fees, Licenses, Spay/Neuter Q & Adoption
Fees, Licenses & Adoption
- $30 First Offense
- $55 Second Offense
- $100 Third Offense or more
In addition to the Impound Fee, there is a $6 per day, per animal, Daily Board and Care fee. An additional non spayed/neuter fee can be charged in addition to impound fees and daily impound fees.
Per State Law and County Ordinance, all Dogs over the age of 3 months must be vaccinated for Rabies and all Dogs over the age of 4 months must have a County License
How you can obtain a county license for your dog:
- Mariposa Sheriffs Animal Facility - 5012 Fairgrounds Dr.- Please call ahead to insure staff is in the facility and not out on calls, 209-966-3615.
- The Mariposa County Sheriff's Office at 5099 Old Highway- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Administrative Office.
- By mail at P.O. Box 276, Mariposa, CA 95338, please include a copy of your rabies certificate, a copy of your spay/neuter certificate as well as the appropriate payment amount. Please do not mail cash. Make checks or money orders out to Mariposa County. All documents will be returned to you.
- Unaltered Dog $6.50 per year and Altered Dog $3.25 per year
Please bring your rabies certificate, spay/neuter certificate as well as the appropriate payment amount.
Facts You Should Know
- A rabies tag is not a county license. You must purchase a county license even if you have a rabies tag for your dog.
- Your county license does expire and must be renewed.
- Your dog must have a current rabies vaccination in order to obtain a county license.
- Per state law rabies shots can be given once the dog is three months old.
- Per state law dogs are given a one year rabies shot if under a year old, if it is the first rabies shot given (if over a year old) or if you do not have proof of prior rabies vaccination no matter the age of the dog.
Spay / Neuter Information
Animal Control does not have a low cost spay/neuter program. You can contact local veterninarians for spay/neuter options or for low cost spay/neuter options you can contact:
- Mariposa SPCA 209-966-5275
- Cat Nip 209-742-1023
- Hope Foundation 559-271-0209
To adopt an animal Please contact the Mariposa SPCA.