Steven W. Dahlem
5100 Bullion St.
P.O. Box 189
Ph: (209) 966-3222
Ph: (209) 742-1233
Fx: (209) 966-5147
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
ABOUT THE COUNTY COUNSEL
County Counsel is appointed by the Board of Supervisors and serves as the legal representative of the Board of Supervisors and all County departments, agencies and institutions. County Counsel provides highly responsible and complex legal support and receives policy direction from the Board.
- Provide responsible legal advice and client service.
- Provide critical assistance to the Board of Supervisors and County officers to enable them to carry out their policy goals.
- Provide assertive representation in civil litigation and administrative hearings.
- Provide prompt and effective assistance in negotiations and drafting of contracts and other legal documents.
- Provide training and resources to enable us to achieve the goals of the Office.
**County Counsel does not provide legal services to the general public**