Information and Services
To promote public participation in the local government; and to fulfill all duties in a professional, timely, and efficient manner.
The Clerk of the Board performs a broad variety of duties, most of which are mandated by state regulations, including:
- Ensure the transparency, integrity, and accessibility of the public record, and maintain same;
- Facilitate the meetings of the Board of Supervisors by providing accurate and timely information to, for, and from the Board via the agenda, minutes, and other processes;
- Clerk meetings;
- Process Contracts/Agreements and other documents after Board approval;
- Process public records requests;
- Accept Claims against the County for processing;
- Research issues when needed;
- Administer the Assessment Appeals process;
- Maintain Committees, Commissions and Boards information;
- Provide administrative and/or technical support and assistance to the Board as needed.