Human Services Division
24-HOUR CRISIS RESPONSE
How do I contact Child Welfare Services and Adult Protective Services?
You can contact us 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 209-742-0900
How do I get local emergency help for a mental health crisis?
We offer Emergency 24-hour Crisis Response. Call 209-966-7000 or 800-549-6741 any time 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Tell the receptionist that you have a "crisis."
Other resources for mental health crises:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255.
- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 888-506-5991
- Crisis Text Line: Text 741741 (from anywhere in the USA to text with a trained crisis counselor).
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 PRESS 1 (or text to 838255 to get help now).
DID YOU KNOW...?
- The Housing Choice Voucher (formerly Section 8 / HUD) wait list is still currently open. Only current residents or those that work in Mariposa will be eligible to be placed on the wait list. For more information, please call the Stanislaus County Housing Authority at 209-557-2000, or visit their website or view an informational letter (PDF).
- If you’re a current or former foster youth, or a caregiver of a current foster youth, and you’re having problems at home, the 24/7 Family Urgent Response System (FURS) hotline is here to help: https://www.cal-furs.org/
- Many services are also available at our North County Health & Human Services Center, located in Coulterville. View more information and services available at our North County Office.
View the Strategic Plan to Address Homelessness in Mariposa County (PDF). This 2021 Homelessness Strategic Plan Update serves as the five-year progress update date to, and as envisioned by, the 2015 Strategic Plan to End Homelessness in Mariposa County.
- For the most updated information, including active programs, outreach, and support, please call (209) 966-2000 or visit our Facebook page
- Here is a helpful tip sheet that is a Parent’s Guide to Choosing Child Care - English or Spanish