The Senior Services Center is Currently closed to the public
The Senior Services Center is closed to the public, however, alternative methods for receiving meals are in effect including a drive-through meal pick-up option or Meals on Wheels delivery. To inquire about either meal service, please call (209) 966-6632.
Please visit the County’s official COVID-19 Information Web page for up to date information. You can also find information and updates on the Health & Human Services Agency’s Public Health Division’s Facebook Page.
National senior discounts and assistance due to COVID-19 can be found here.
Meals on Wheels Drivers Wanted!
We're looking for volunteers to deliver meals in Mariposa County. By giving an hour or two of your day, one day a week you can help change the lives of our senior participants. You can learn more information about the program and how to contact us by viewing the Meals on Wheels Volunteer Flier.
Senior Services provides a variety of services, information assistance, referrals, and follow-ups:
- Outreach, that initiates contact and support for seniors unaware of available services
- Scheduling and implementing various activities
- Special events and seminars of help and interest to senior citizens
- Ongoing coordination and training of our volunteers to give further help in providing services
- Furnishes meeting areas and luncheons for senior citizen organizations by arrangement
The senior nutrition programs are funded through the Older Americans Act, Area 12 Agency on Aging. Matching funds are provided by Mariposa County, the United States Department of Agriculture, participants, and organization donations.
Each meal provides one-third of the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) served daily to seniors citizens, 60 years of age and over, and their spouse of any age.
Congregate meals are served Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), at 12:00 PM in a social environment at the Mariposa Senior Center.
Suggested meal contribution: $4 for Seniors and $6 for Guests and Non-Seniors
DISCLAIMER: No eligible individuals shall be denied participation due to the inability to contribute.
Hot meals are delivered to "home-bound" at-risk senior citizens within a 3.5-mile area. Frozen meal service may be available to those enrolled home-bound senior citizens wishing to receive them on weekends & holidays, and those individuals that live beyond the daily hot meal delivery service area.
Special Events & Activities
- Annual Senior Expo and Health Fair
- Volunteer Recognition Day
- Holiday Open House
- Golden Agers Bingo (1st Friday of the month @ 5:00 p.m.)
- Mature Drivers Education
- Community Art Class
- Community Sewing Class
- In-House Lending Library
- Senior Gold Discount Card
- Brown Bag
- Various Group Meetings (Rotary, Soroptimists, etc.)