Adult & Aging


The Mariposa County Adult and Aging branch includes many supportive programs, services and events that support independence and quality of life for: 

  • Older adults (age 60+) and their families 
  • Children, youth and adults living with disabilities 
  • U.S. military veterans 
  • In-home caregivers 

Services Offered 

•  California Children’s Services - California Children’s Services (CCS) is a statewide program that arranges, directs, and pays for medical care, equipment, and rehabilitation when these services are authorized by the program. Services can be authorized for children and young adults under 21 years of age who have CCSeligible medical conditions and whose families are unable to pay for all or part of their care.

• Energy Assistance and Weatherization - Offers the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) a federally funded program that helps low-income households pay their energy bill and the Weatherization Assistance Program that focuses on the process of making your home more "air tight" and energy efficient.

Housing Services and Support - Housing Services and Support (HSS) seeks to identify and assist those individuals and families residing within the county who are currently, or are in imminent danger of, becoming homeless to provide housing opportunities and/or support services for such persons. 

•  In-Home Supportive Services - In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) authorizes services to Medi-Cal eligible individuals who are over 65, blind, or disabled, in order to keep these individuals safely in their own homes as long as possible, preventing or postponing placement in skilled nursing or board and care facilities. Services may include personal care needs and essential domestic help.

Senior Services – Offers monthly senior activities, educational seminars and workshops, senior nutrition, congregate meals and meal delivery, arranges meeting areas, provides available senior discounts, conducts outreach and provides information / referrals to seniors, and offers non-emergency medical transportation to seniors that are 60 and above (Call 1-209-966-5315 for more information on Transportation) 

Social Services - Offers help with Adult Protective Services, In-Home Supportive Services, Public Authority / Preferred Providers & Public Guardian / Public Conservator

Connect to Services from Home 

  • Older adults and their families and caregivers can talk over the phone with a social worker about support and services specific to their situation. 
  • Call us at 1-209-966-2000 or 1-800-266-3609 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., or learn about available services by browsing this website.